Monday, April 15, 2013

The Weekly Save Tip: Buy Items When You Don't Need Them

Dear readers,

Starting this week, I'm going to provide a weekly tip that helps you save.



Tip: Buy items when you don't necessarily need them, at that moment.

Why: Most of use toiletries, but we only buy them when we run out. So when we re-stock, it's usually during a time when the items are not on sale, and when there is not a coupon available -- making our Out-of-pocket(OOP) cost higher than it needs to be.

I typically buy items when they are on sale, and when I can get them at the prices I want, and I usually buy in excess of what I need so I don't have to worry about running out.

Example:



I bought 14 bottles of Old Spice Body wash (a 3 month supply), which cost me NOTHING out-of-pocket(OOP) I love Old Spice and so does my friends and family.If I were to have waited until I actually needed body wash, I would have ended up paying way more.


No comments:

Post a Comment